Actively Developing News
As of Monday night, May 2, the world has been made aware of the leak of a draft of a majority opinion written by Justice Alito and circulated confidentially between Supreme Court Justices in February that would overturn Roe. The Court has not officially ruled in this case, and the outcome cannot be known until the Court releases its final opinion. The primary reminder for pregnancy help organizations is that our work does not change regardless of any decision, official or not. Our president, Jor-El Godsey, has provided the following statement via Pregnancy Help News. Please know that as the story develops, we will continue to update this page so you have the most recent and complete information available. The resource list below remains valuable, and will continue to grow as this news develops.
Heartbeat International works hard to equip and prepare pregnancy help organizations with the tools they need for any situation. With the possibility of Roe v. Wade being overturned, it is important that they are ready for whatever situation may come their way. To help, we're addressing the topic with podcasts, webinars, articles, and other resources designed for those working in pregnancy help to prepare.
- Heartbeat International's Amicus Brief - This brief provides the individual testaments of Nikki Pinkley, Brittni Curl and Michelle Bisbee, showing how they were assisted by pregnancy help organizations as example that women do not have to choose between the life of their unborn child and taking part in society.
- Talking Points - Dobbs - These talking points cover the basic facts of the Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health case and answer some commonly asked questions about it's impact on pregnancy help organizations.
- Interactive Map - An interactive map from Family Policy Alliance which breaks down of what will happen in each state if Roe is overturned.
- Responding to Oral Arguments - An academic paper by Charlotte Lozier Institute, which is a response to Justice Sotomayor's problematic statements on fetal pain during the Dobbs oral arguments.
Tune in to the Pregnancy Help Podcast for information on how Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health could impact pregnancy help.Topics with pregnancy help and legal experts include:
- The SCOTUS Leak
- Dobbs 101
- Impact on States - Dobbs Part 2
- Impact on Centers - Dobbs Part 3
- Dobbs: What Happend and What's Next