Next Training: March 7-9 | Dallas, Texas
We recently sent a staff member to your ultrasound training for the first time as an organization and we were blown away by the class. The PA we sent said he learned so much through the hands on and really loved the chance to connect with others doing what we are doing, so thank you!
While there are various ultrasound trainings available for nurses and sonographers who work within the pregnancy help movement, Heartbeat International has championed a new form of training that connects the technical needs and the spiritual needs for those working in pregnancy help. The training is held in two parts: First, students complete an online ultrasound training* through Heartbeat International’s Academy which meets the Association of Women's Health Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) guidelines for didactic training, as well as completing 25 OB prerequisite scans** to prepare for the in-person training. Next, students come on-site to participate in an in-person scan lab experience with one-on-one instruction from educators that are also sonographers credentialed in RDMS (OB/GYN) and RNs that have multiple years experience imaging in Pregnancy Help Clinics.
By combining the technical, the practical, and the spiritual elements into one pregnancy help medical training, nurses will work towards becoming equipped, qualified, and ready to scan within their center. (Looking for training for other Pregnancy Help staff? Click here!)
This Clinical will include:
- 50+ Scanning Drills
- Pregnant models of all gestations
- Unique Love Approach Method of imaging the preborn babies
- Competency scanning pathology typically encountered in Limited Obstetric Diagnostic Ultrasound
- First simulation training offered nationally in the Pregnancy Help movement
- Transvaginal instruction on simulation models
- Mastering of skills by scanning a simulated ectopic pregnancy
- Image Reviews
- Spiritually focused instructional approach
- Case Studies
- How to introduce a mom to her baby for the very first time
- Skills Evaluations for those completing training
- Supportive team to reinforce your calling
*Heartbeat International will offer 28 Continuing Education Contact Hours for nurses for the didactic portion of training and 10 Continuing Education Contact Hours for nurses for the clinical portion of training. Heartbeat International is an approved provider through the California Board of Nursing, Provider Number 16061.
The focus of the clinical event is on repetition and volume, along with spiritual encouragement and reinforcement of techniques and knowledge gained from the didactic training. The ideal participant is someone who is self-motivated, confident and is in need of a high volume of scans for training. This event is fast-paced and filled with drills, techniques and one-on-one instruction from educators that are also sonographers credentialed in RDMS (OB/GYN) and RNs that have multiple years experience imaging in Pregnancy Help Clinics. Each participant receives a skill evaluation by our instructors, however Heartbeat
The LOVE Approach Ultrasound Clinical includes 28 hours of didactic training (28 CEUs) and 20 hours of clinical training (10 CEUs).
**Nurses attending the LOVE Approach Ultrasound Clinical have found many ways to obtain the prerequisite of 25 OB scans. Here are a few ways to fulfill this requirement.
- Scan with another clinic. Here is a locator to find nearby pregnancy help organizations.
- Offer a scanning day to scan clients who have been scanned previously with a sonographer or a trained nurse.
- Scan some women who are not pregnant (such as coworkers or friends) to image female anatomy and to become acquainted with the function of an ultrasound system.
- Contact a local OB office for possible assistance with training scans.