International Affiliates (outside U.S.): $70.00 USD
To initiate/renew your Heartbeat affiliation online, please click here.
In order to become an affiliate of Heartbeat International, you must review and agree to abide by the Heartbeat Principles and Commitment of Care and Competence:
As an affiliate of Heartbeat, our agency or organization subscribes to the principles of Heartbeat and “Our Commitment of Care and Competence.” We recognize that we are autonomous in all other matters of policy and management. This includes choice of name, method of operation, and all other matters which do not violate the principles of Heartbeat International. We expressly agree that General Counsel for Heartbeat International does not act as our legal counsel, and cannot represent us in legal proceedings or give us legal advice. We understand that Heartbeat’s General Counsel is available for consultation to our agency or organization’s legal counsel. Any general legal education provided by Heartbeat’s General Counsel does not constitute the practice of law.
- Heartbeat affiliates propose and offer, through education and creative services, positive choices for the woman challenged by pregnancy.
- Heartbeat affiliates shall not discriminate in their services on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Heartbeat affiliates’ services are personal, confidential, and non-judgmental.
- Heartbeat affiliates shall not advise, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
- Heartbeat affiliates encourage chastity as a positive lifestyle choice.
Affiliates are entirely autonomous in all other matters of policy and management.
Our Commitment of Care and Competence
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions, abortifacients or contraceptives. We are committed to offering accurate information about related risks and procedures.
- All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.