2018 Heartbeat International Annual Conference
Anaheim | April 10-12, 2018
Workshop Presenter Guidelines
Hyatt Regency Orange County | 11999 Harbor Blvd. | Anaheim, CA 92840
Thank you to everyone for submitting your workshop proposals for this year's Heartbeat International Annual Conference, in Anaheim, California, April 10-12, 2018. We were once again, pleasantly overwhelmed with more than 250 workshop submissions this year! How exciting for our Pregnancy Help Community!!!
Presenters, please remember your workshop should be 60 to 65-minutes. (Please note that the workshop titles are subject to change for marketing purposes. A Heartbeat staff member may be in touch with you if additional discussion is required regarding your workshop and/or title.)
Heartbeat is committed to providing our Pregnancy Help Community with access this valuable training opportunity. We greatly appreciate your commitment to present your workshop at the 2018 Annual Conference at your own expense.
Please watch your email as more details become available regarding the exact date/time of your workshop, workshop presenter registration, etc. In the meantime, please mark your calendar to join us in Anaheim next April. Again, thank you so much for being a part of our 2018 Heartbeat Conference!
Important Travel Advisory
Beginning January 22, 2018, driver’s licenses or state IDs issued by States that are not in compliance with the REAL ID Act may not be used to fly within the U.S.
Here is a helpful link to content explaining additional details bout these new ID requirements which also has links to the status of each state.
We encourage you to review and read through this REAL ID link, and travelers should be prepared for their IDs to be challenged, even in states with waivers, extensions, or grace periods. It may be wise to travel with your passport/US government-issued ID, even when traveling domestically, to ensure they do not encounter any issues during this time period.
We request that presenters not use the time for promotion of their organization or its services, but rather sharing successful practices and takeaways that meet Heartbeat’s guidelines.
The purpose of our Annual Conference is to provide quality education and networking opportunities for leaders in the pregnancy help community. Presentations are designed for all levels of experience—from basic, to intermediate, to advanced. Each of our roughly 70 workshops typically lasts about 65 minutes, including questions.
Heartbeat International's ministry philosophy is intentionally grassroots, bottom-up, innovative and entrepreneurial. We seek to highlight effective ministry efforts and look forward—at each Annual Conference—to providing opportunity for fresh ideas and innovative solutions to handle long-standing, familiar issues.
Learn About Your Audience
Heartbeat International's Annual Conference is designed for ministry leaders, staff, board members, and volunteers of life-affirming pregnancy resource centers, medical clinics, maternity homes, and non-profit adoption agencies, as well as professionals in the areas of medicine, counseling, social work, and education.
- Executive Directors - Leadership is best when equipped, encouraged, and engaged. This Conference includes tactical techniques, spiritual support, and everything in between.
- Key Staff/Volunteers - Deepen your understanding by accessing the Track or Workshops of your area of ministry work - or broaden your information and inspiration by learning about related matters.
- Medical Personnel - While our Medical Track features professionals who can speak the medical language and your passion for life, other topics may be of interest to enhance you and your ministry.
- Board Members - Governance is a high calling and one that is informed by experience and understanding. Strategic Leadership topics will strengthen your knowledge and wisdom.
- Housing Professionals - Housing ministries provide long-term, in-depth support for women during pregnancy and beyond. Join other housing ministry leaders in discussing the joys and challenges unique to residential programs.
- Internationals - Pregnancy help ministries exist all over the world and they encounter the same concerns U.S. centers have every day. This Conference is proud to include international guests from six continents.
- September 25, 2017 - Deadline for submitting proposals
- October 2017 - Proposal status updates emailed to submitters
- November 2017 - Confirmation from presenter received
- April 10-12, 2018 - Heartbeat International Annual Conference