Please specify who should receive each subscription you are purchasing by providing the email address and/or username. Please note, a subscription is needed for each individual interested in receiving credit for any training.
I understand I am purchasing a web-based resource intended for a pro-life audience. I also understand the views, information, and opinions shared as part of this training may or may not reflect the views and opinions of Heartbeat International.
Add to Wish List
Email a Friend
About the Presentation
The attendees will be presented with an overview of the most frequent transmitted STIs - transmission, testing and treatment. They will watch a middle school/ high school level educational presentation on STIs that can be used with students and clients and will be guided to the most trusted sites for further information. Learn to age-appropriately communicate the facts about STIs to your clients and understand the medical response for testing and treatment options in your clinics.
1. Identify the various STIs-Understand Viral vs Bacterial vs Parasitic
2. Identify testing and treatment options available.
3. Know where to go to get the latest medical updates.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16061 for 1.25 contact hours.
A. Overview of sexually transmitted infections
1. CDC overview summary (PowerPoint education)
a. Numbers of infections in US (growth and decline)
b. Modes of transmission
c. CDC sites for more information
2. Viral vs Bacterial vs Parasitic
B. Testing and Treatment Options
1. How to decide which tests your center offers.
2. Understanding limitations/Scope of Services.
3. Operating under Licenses Medical Director's standing orders.
4. Treatment Follow-through
Mischa Long, RN has served at LifeChoices Joplin, MO for more than 11 years. As the Medical Services Coordinator, she oversees at three area community pregnancy clinics that provide integrated ultrasound and STI services.
1. Refunds for non-attendance will only be awarded if non-attendance is the direct result of an unplanned or unannounced outage. When a registrant is unable to access a webinar/course due to an unplanned or unannounced server outage of Heartbeat International Academy, the HeartbeatInternational.org website, or HeartbeatServices.org website, Heartbeat International will contact the registrant to notify them of the refund due them and issue the refund. Refund will be made to the registrant within 1 week of the cancelled event subject to processing fees.
2. When a course/webinar is cancelled for which individuals have registered, Heartbeat International will send a notification to each registrant per email or phone. Full refund will be sent to registrant within one week of cancellation.
Please contact Susan Dammann at Heartbeat International (614)885-7577 for questions relating to continuing education contact hours.
Web Design and Development by Extend Web Services