Hearing the devastating news of war in Ukraine, we've been reaching out to our affiliates and friends in the pregnancy help movement in the midst of the fighting. Olena Batina of Kharkov Pregnancy Assistance Center, was visiting our offices last week with a meeting of pregnancy help leaders. We are grateful to be able to share her prayer requests directly with you in the video below. Others we've talked to have also shared specific prayer requests below. Please join us in prayer for the pregnancy help movement around the world, especially the requests below.
Prayer requests from those with boots on the ground, actively working to protect lives of women and their children:
- prayer for safety, Kharkiv is at the center of much of the heavy fighting;
- prayer for L who is directing the center from her home connecting pregnant women with center and church volunteers;
- pray specifically for three women who came to the center for their celebration pictures with their infants, they are in need of resources;
- pray for two pregnant women, one of whom is 34 weeks; she is sheltering in a basement with no access to medical help;
- ask the Lord to open ways for food, formula, water, and diapers to reach L's apartment so she can distribute them;
- pray for over 1,000,000 refugees who are headed for the western part of the country;
- pray for the Polish churches and NGOs who are receiving the refugees, for compassion, mercy and for the outpouring of resources in Poland for the Ukrainians;
- pray for the morale and spirit of the Ukrainian nation.
We will continue to update this page as additional prayer requests come in. If you wish to submit your own prayer request, click here.
Pictures from a friend in Ukraine:
If you're looking for a way to support the pregnancy help movement in Eastern Europe in this time, consider making a donation to Heartbeat's HALO Fund (Helping Affiliated Life-affirming Organizations).