A Last Chance to Choose Life
From the moment a woman takes the abortion pill, she has about 72 hours to change her mind and save her baby. The Abortion Pill Rescue Network, through Option Line's 24/7 contact center, answers more than 150 mission-critical calls a month from women who regret their abortion decision. Statistics show that more than 2,000 lives have been saved (and counting) through the abortion pill reversal protocol!
Seeking a last chance to choose life for their little ones, women can reach out to the Abortion Pill Rescue Network and be connected with a local medical provider who starts the Abortion Pill Reversal Process.
Abortion Pill Use Grows, APR Saves Lives
Nearly half of abortions in the U.S. occur through the "abortion pill." As these numbers continue to rise, we believe that no woman should ever feel forced to finish an abortion she regrets. Abortion Pill Rescue connects women who have taken the first dose of the Abortion Pill to a network of medical professionals trained to administer the Abortion Pill Reversal protocol.
The abortion pill comes in two parts and is approved for use up to 10 weeks of pregnancy. The first chemical, mifepristone (or RU-486) is the first pill used in a chemical abortion and blocks the effects of progesterone, a hormone necessary for a pregnancy to thrive. The second part, misoprostol, expels the baby. If a woman has regret after taking the first pill, the pregnancy may be saved by the Abortion Pill Rescue Network.
Real Lives, Real Help
Thanks to the Abortion Pill Rescue Network, statistics show that more than 2,000 lives have been saved (and counting)! Here are just a few.
Misdy regretted taking the abortion pill immediately. Between her troubled marriage and six other kids, it seemed like the only solution, but then she discovered Abortion Pill Rescue and chose to fight for Tig's chance to live. Read her full story here.
Dr. Lile, a pro-life ob-gyn and champion of the Abortion Pill Reversal Process, faced an investigation into his use of the protocol to save twins in 2018. His use of Progesterone to save these twins' lives was deemed reasonable by the Institutional Review Board. Read the full story here.
Rebekah was worried for her oldest son when she decided the best option for her was a chemical abortion. Fortunately for Zechariah, she quickly regretted that choice and found the hotline for Abortion Pill Rescue. Now she's thrilled to have her two little boys, and regularly speaks to get the word out about the Abortion Pill Rescue Network, so other women can have the opportunity she did to save their children. See her story below.
A 2018 peer-reviewed study showed positive results
- 64%-68% of the pregnancies were saved through Abortion Pill Reversal
- There was no increase in birth defects
- Lower preterm delivery rate than the general population
1. [Vaux NW and Rakoff AE: Estrogen-progesterone therapy: A new approach in the treatment of habitual abortion. Am J Obst Gynec 50:353, 1945.
2. Jones, GES: Some newer aspects of the management of infertility. JAMA 141:1123, 1949.]↩
3. [Progesterone support in pregnancy has been in use for nearly 60 years, having received its start with publications dating back to the 1940s.] (https://www.naprotechnology.com/progesterone.htm)
4. [Progestin Therapy to Prevent Preterm Birth: History and Effectiveness of Current Strategies and Development of Novel Approaches] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6766339/
5. [The Use of Progesterone for Prevention of Preterm Birth] https://www.researchgate.net/publication/5653589_The_Use_of_Progesterone_for_Prevention_of_Preterm_Birth
6. [The history of natural progesterone, the never-ending story] https://tahomaclinic.com/Private/Articles1/BHRT/Piette%202018%20-%20The%20history%20of%20natural%20progesterone,%20the%20never-ending%20story.pdf
Reach Rescue Renew
Heartbeat International's mission is to Reach and Rescue as many lives as possible, around the world, through an effective network of life-affirming pregnancy help, to Renew communities for LIFE. All Heartbeat international policies and materials are consistent with Biblical principles and with orthodox Christian (Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox) ethical principles and teaching on the dignity of the human person and sanctity of human life. Click here for more information.