We are glad to welcome Keynote speakers for the 2020 Heartbeat International Annual Conference, who are key leaders in the pregnancy help movement, as well as prolife leaders from around the United States.
Named for long-time Heartbeat President and former college professor Peggy Hartshorn, Ph.D., each “PEG Talk” is a 7-minute stage presentation introducing a specific concept providing an inspirational message that can live as a stand-alone message and be a preview into an expanded, interactive Deeper Dive session which could follow. Each Deeper Dive session expands upon the topics introduced during the PEG Talk. This 2-hour session will be interactive and provide practical solutions to the problem with a more focused group. On Tuesday, you'll get to see all 7 PEG Talks, and then decide whether you'd like to attend a Deeper Dive with one of the presenters or one of the Roundtable Interactive Sessions available on different topics (below).
- Understanding The Language of Loss - Michaelene Fredenburg
- When Picketing comes to visit - Amy Scheuring
- Leaders Under Pressure - Dr. Rob McKenna
- Working with an Ever-Changing Culture - Derrick McCoy
- Working through Addiction; The Journey of Burnout and Recovery - Kurt Dillinger
- God-Sized Dreams - Connie Wyatt
- Brain Chemistry and De-Escalating Intense Situations - Suzanne Burns
Still uncertain what a PEG Talk is? Watch Ellen Foell present at last year's conference her PEG Talk on Cultural Competence.
Following the general session of PEG Talks, you will have the option to join in a 2-hour Deeper Dive session -OR- choose a Roundtable Interactive Session on a particular topic. These discussions are informal and interactive and allow you to network directly with your peers as you discuss important issues within the pregnancy help movement.
- Partnering with Churches - Amy Ford
Designed for those seeking to further their relationship with local churches.
- Self Care: Running the Race without growing Weary - Leona Bicknese
Designed for those seeking to plan for the long-run in ministry.
- Cultivating a Culture of Adoption - Mallory Fogas
Designed for organizations promoting adoption as a true option.
- Standing with Multiple Generations for a Generation - Andrew Wood
Designed for organizations currently with or seeking to employ various ages.
- Advancing Through the Storm - Andy Merrit
Designed for those who feel weary from the on-going spiritual battle.
- Executive Forum - Beth Diemert & Camille Pauley
Designed for organizations with $300,000 budgets and/or multiple locations.
- HR Fundamentals to Establish a Compensation Structure - Betsy Wetherby
Designed for those seeking to grow either their staff or their organization.
- Abortion Pill Rescue Network - Heartbeat's Medical Impact Team
Designed for those providing or seeking to provide this innovative, and life-saving protocol.
- Ultrasound Peer Review - Bryan Williams, MHA, RT(R), RDMS, RVT, RDCS and Tammy Stearns, MS, RDMS, RVT, RT(R), FSDMS
Designed for healthcare professionals utilizing ultrasound.
- Technology Roundtable - Bri Laycock
Designed for the tech savvy (and not-so-tech-savvy) interested in learning the latest in tech available for use by PHOs.
- Legal Roundtable - Danielle White, Esq.
Designed for those wanting a deeper look into the legal aspects of the pregnancy help movement.
The 2020 Heartbeat International Annual Conference will have a total of 16 different in-depth training opportunities. You may choose to spend one day in an in-depth training and one day in workshops or both full training days in workshops or both full training days in in-depth training. Below are the options available. In-Depth Trainings marked with an asterisk (*) provide continuing education nursing contact hour credit for nurses (approved by Heartbeat International). Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 16061 for 4.00 contact hours for each In-Depth Training.
The 2020 Heartbeat International Annual Conference offers a rich lineup of workshops. Workshops marked with * are tailored for nurses and medical professionals in the pregnancy help community, and offer Continuing Education Nursing Contact Hours provided through Heartbeat International. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16061 for 1 contact hour each workshop. All courses are eligible for Life-Affirming Specialist credit hours.