As of Friday, June 24, Dobbs v. Jacskon Women's Health Organization has been announced and overturns Roe v. Wade. Read the complete Supreme Court opinion here.
The primary reminder for pregnancy help organizations is that our work does not change.
Since the leak on May 2, a variety of abortion advocacy groups have reacted strongly. Some organizations have experienced an increase in threatening or harrassing phone calls, false negative online reviews, and vandalism. If you have experienced any incidents in the last month, please complete our survey here so we can pray specifically for your organization and staff, and keep a finger on the pulse of what's happening in the pregnancy help movement. (Please note, any identifying information provided will be kept confidential. Only aggregated information will be reported.) If you have security concerns of any kind, we have a resource list available here.
Please know that as the story develops, we are continuing to update this page so you have the most recent and complete information available. The resource list below remains valuable, and will continue to grow as this news develops.
Our most recent resource for you to download, share, and advocate includes statistics, talking points, and more that is specific to your state. Get prepared to talk about Pregnancy Help in Your State.
Heartbeat International works hard to equip and prepare pregnancy help organizations with the tools they need for any situation. With the possibility of Roe v. Wade being overturned, it is important that they are ready for whatever situation may come their way. To help, we're addressing the topic with podcasts, webinars, articles, and other resources designed for those working in pregnancy help to prepare.
- Online Resources - Prepare your pregnancy help organization for a post-Roe world from client services to fundraising to marketing and beyond.
- Heartbeat International's Amicus Brief - This brief provides the individual testaments of Nikki Pinkley, Brittni Curl and Michelle Bisbee, showing how they were assisted by pregnancy help organizations as example that women do not have to choose between the life of their unborn child and taking part in society.
- Talking Points - Dobbs - These talking points cover the basic facts of the Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health case and answer some commonly asked questions about it's impact on pregnancy help organizations.
- Pregnancy Help in Your State - Download, share, and advocate with statistics, talking points, and more specific to your state.
- Interactive Map - An interactive map from Family Policy Alliance which breaks down of what will happen in each state if Roe is overturned.
- Responding to Oral Arguments - An academic paper by Charlotte Lozier Institute, which is a response to Justice Sotomayor's problematic statements on fetal pain during the Dobbs oral arguments.
- Protect Your Pregnancy Help Organization - Two articles on practical steps to protect your organization in preparation for increased protest activities.
Tune in to the Pregnancy Help Podcast for information on how Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health could impact pregnancy help.Topics with pregnancy help and legal experts include:
- The SCOTUS Leak
- Dobbs 101
- Impact on States - Dobbs Part 2
- Impact on Centers - Dobbs Part 3
- Dobbs: What Happend and What's Next